Syllabus of ‘The Harmony Workshop’ – Introductory Intensive – 60 hrs (7-9 – Day)
INTRODUCTORY Intensive – 60 hrs (7-10 – Day)
For whom: Open to everyone
MODULE 1: Course Introduction: Need, Content and Process
- Holistic Understanding – What is it? – Its content and process: Logical Satisfaction and Experiential Validation – as a mechanism to develop holistic understanding
- What is Harmony?
- Harmonious Living – Why does it matter?
- Exploring basic Human Aspirations – Genuine Happiness, Prosperity, Trust, and Balance
- Recognize following basic requirements for fulfillment of human aspirations:
- Holistic Understanding
- Harmonious Relationships
- Adequate Physical Facilit
- Sustainable Actions
- Proper appraisal of present conditions in: Self, Relationships, Family, Society and Environment
- The root cause of all the challenges and risks threatening humanity
- Review of the efforts thus far to solve the challenges and risks
HOLISTIC PERSPECTIVE OF HARMONY
MODULE 2: Harmony at Personal Level
- What is self-exploration and natural acceptance?
- What is the process of understanding? – Active listening, contemplation, and actualization
- What is a solution-centric systems thinking approach?
- Importance of solution-centric systems thinking to become free from inner contradiction
- Resolved thought and happiness
- Human necessity in detail – physical and psychological needs
- Money and fulfillment of human needs
- What do we must ensure to lead a happy and prosperous life?
- What is human being? – Materialistic, Spiritual and Coexistential views on human being
- Human being as a coexistence of ‘Consciousness’ and ‘Body’
- Consciousness – What is it?
- Various functions of consciousness and ensuring harmony between the functions
- The necessity of understanding consciousness and body, and processes for their fulfillment
- The body as an instrument of ‘Consciousness/I’
- The harmony of Consciousness with the Body: Self-regulation and Health;
- Correct appraisal of Physical needs and meaning of prosperity in detail
- Consequences of contradictory thoughts and unhappiness
- How our choices, thought, desires, priorities, work, and behaviours are shaped and conditioned
- What is freedom and why does it matter?
- Challenges to inner freedom
- The Program and Process to ensure Self-regulation, Inner Freedom and Health
- Cultivating a holistic worldview
- Holistic worldview and happiness
- Happiness and health
- The balanced state in four dimensions of our living – Thought, Behaviour, Work and Experience
- Harmony as Genuine Happiness, Prosperity, Trust, and Balance:
Inner freedom and outer balance
- ‘GENUINE HAPPINESS’ as optimal state of mind and not mere a fleeting pleasurable feeling
- ‘PROSPERITY’ as living in abundance and complete absence of feeling of all lacks in life (not just accumulating and possessing material resources)
- ‘TRUST’ as fearless undivided human society
- ‘BALANCE’ as harmonious coexistence in all the entities of the nature e.g. matter, plant, animal and human
MODULE 3: Harmony in Relationships and Family
- Human relationships and family – What are they?
- Necessity to live together in harmony – Why it is important?
- Harmonious relationships and their connection with genuine happiness
- We are born to relate
- Justice – the fundamental human quality and key element for ensuring a fulfilling life
- The meaning of Justice and program for its fulfillment
- Justice and mutual happiness
- The seven relationships
- What makes relationships joyful, and how to build fulfilling and lasting relationships
- Human expectations and values (positive emotions)
- The nine values inherent in human relationships, and developing the ability to fulfill them
- Respect and trust as the foundational values in human relationships
- Gratitude and happiness
- The what, why, and how of love
- What makes it difficult to keep happy relationships?
- How can we enhance our present relationships?
- Intention vs. competence
- What is empathy? Why do we need it and how to ensure it?
- The science of harmonious relationships
- Attachment vs relationship
- Character – what is it?
- Marriage, relationships, social harmony, and happiness
- Accountability and duties in relationships
- Current structure of family. Its challenges and issues, and the process to resolve them
- Why do we need harmony in family to foster psychological well-being of an individual
- Constitution of family as a team for accomplishing a shared human objective; to establish a tradition of harmonious living with mutual fulfillment
- Why does family (team) matter to fulfill humans innate want?
- The family (team) as the fundamental unit of a harmonious global governance system
MODULE 4: Harmony in Society
- What constitute a good society?
- Why harmony in the society matters for each individuals happiness
- Our current society – its problems, issues and threats
- Individualism and its consequences.
- Human as a socio-historic being, rather than a social animal
- What are the difficulties in building a harmonious society
- Justice and social harmony
- The Human Goal
- Humankind as one race. The study of human being free from colour, gender, cast, creed, sect, and religion, etc.
- How are we interconnected?
- The inseparability of human being and humankind
- Undivided society – what is it and why does it matter?
- Program and process to ensure to ensure fearlessness in society
- Trust building and reconciliation – fostering global cooperation
- The science and art of forgiveness and peacemaking
- The why and how of Intercultural, interfaith, and intergenerational living
- Psychological and physical benefits of social cohesion
MODULE 5: Harmony in Governance Systems
- What constitutes a good governance system?
- Challenges to successful governance systems
- Harmonious global governance systems – An essential and urgent need
- How harmonious global governance system foster happiness and prosperity of each and everyone
- Why do we need decentralized governance systems which are free from power?
- The ten tier global governance system, from family (team) to the world family
- A governance structure where every citizen participates in the decision making process and ensures a tradition of humanity
- The necessity of the following programs to establish ‘humane organizations’ and ensure harmony in the world:
The necessity to shift from a linear economic system, into a cyclical economic system
Cyclical economic system – ensuring prosperity for all whilst maintaining ecological balance
The why and how of people and planet friendly production systems
What is reserve and why do we need?
Social justice through exchange free from profit and loss
Humane Tradition – what is it? Why it is essential for us and what can we do to actualize it?
Coherence in education, culture, civilization, norms, and governance systems
Global citizenship as Humane conduct – what is it?
Necessity of humane conduct for psychological, physical, relational, social and ecological well-being
Humane conduct and its connection with harmonious global systems
The three component of humane conduct – Humane values, humane character, and humane ethics
The what, why and how of the following six essential human values to make change in the world – perseverance, courage, generosity, kindness, benevolence and compassion
- Holistic Education and Values
- Integrated Healthcare
- Eco-friendly Production and Work
- Commerce free from profit and loss
- Justice and Security
MODULE 6: Harmony in Nature
- What is nature?
- Harmony in the natural world
- Evolution on the Earth
- Emergence of the four natural orders during the evolution process: matter, plant, animal and human
- Form, Properties, Participation and Innate order of four natural orders
- Comparative study of the commonality and differences in the above four orders
- Interconnectedness, Interdependence, Mutual Fulfillment among the four orders of nature
- Cyclicality and Self-regulation in natural systems
- Usefulness and complementariness in every entity of nature
- Undividedness of the Earth
- Consequences of separating human being from nature
- Human’s natural characteristics and innateness
- Misconceptions and myths about human nature
- Root causes for the current ecological imbalance, and finding sustainable solutions
- Righteous use of all resources
- Why does righteous use of resources fosters happiness?
- Knowledge, wisdom, science and technology for balance on the planet
- Sustainable actions to restore ecological balance
MODULE 7: Harmony in Existence
- What is existence?
- Harmonious systems in the existence
- Existence as Coexistence of mutually interacting units in all-pervasive/omni-present space
- Why does it matter to comprehend space?
- Space as all pervasive and energy in equilibrium
- Countless units (nature) are submerge in limitless space (energy) – units are continuously energized, active and self-regulated
- Inseparability of the all-pervasive space (energy) and nature (activities)
- Human beings placement in Existence and recognizing oneself as an inseparable part of the whole existence
- Coexistence as the fundamental natural law in existence from the atomic to cosmic levels
- Origin of existence – Scientific, Spiritual, and harmonious coexistence perspectives
- How a worldview itself gives rise to problems
- Fixing the problem at its root
- The awe upon realizing the grandeur and beauty of existence
MODULE 8: Harmonious Living
- Reexamine of the following points:
- Harmonious coexistence – holistic and interconnected-view of harmony at all levels of existence
- Orderliness (harmonious systems) in nature
- Usefulness and complementariness
- Participation in harmonious systems leading to mutually fulfilling relationships, social harmony, and ecological balance
- Genuine Happiness and prosperity as an indicator of participation in harmonious systems
- Peak experience and awakening – what are they?
- The why and how of active listening, paying attention, mindful awareness and realization
- Various stages of consciousness
- Defining what is humanness and what is inhumanness
- Motivations, view-points, and characteristics of humane consciousness
- Practice for humane consciousness
- Consciousness development and self-transformation
- Effort and effortlessness
- Benefits of humane consciousness for oneself, relationships, society, and environment
- Human potential
- Our enormous hidden capacity to change
- The root of goodness in human being
- The three virtues in every child from birth – 1: innate want for justice, 2: desire for righteous work and behaviour, and 3: want to speak the truth
- Gratitude as the doorway to self-actualization
- Self-actualization and its connection with genuine happiness
- The science of self-actualization
- The four important steps from childhood to adulthood – emulate/follow, adopt (with logical satisfaction), discipline, and self-regulation
- A proper appraisal of development, progress, and success – what they are, and what they are not
- Celebration in living
- Language of harmony, why do we need it?
- Expression, communication and manifestation of harmony
- Key lessons
- Summation: reflection, sharing and feedback