– Formation & Election
Family (Team) is the first tier of the global governance system. A team is a group of people who relate together for participation in global governance in order to accomplish our shared human aims. There are two dimensions of a team while participating in the system:
- When a team comes together to make decisions, the members act as an assembly
- When decisions made in the Team Assembly are being implemented, they act together as relatives
For a successful governance system, it is important that every individual feels represented and is able to participate or have input in decision-making. To make this possible, everyone must assume some basic responsibility for participation in governance affairs. There should be at least 10 members to form the team assembly. The simplest way to form the Team Assembly will be with one’s existing family, or with those people who are already closely associated together. If a family or group of friends has less than 10 members, they can join together with another family or other individuals to form the Team Assembly of 10 members.
In order to ensure a more stable and effective system, having a team assembly is essential. Members of the Team Assembly will jointly and unanimously elect one person as their Representative based on his/her ability to live with inner resolution and prosperity.
10 Representatives elected from 10 team assemblies will form a Community Assembly.
10 Representatives elected from 10 Community Assemblies will form a Township/Village Assembly.
If the population of the Township/Village is more than 1000 people (100 teams, or 10 Communities), then the number of representatives in the assembly will be based on a multiplication factor of 10. For example: If a Township/Village has a population of 2,000 people, there will be 20 elected representatives in one assembly.
Fourth to Tenth-Tier Assemblies
This process for the election of the Representative and the formation of the next tier assembly of 10 Representatives will be replicated at each tier (Block, District, Zone, Province, Nation-State, Regional Organization, and the United-World Organization).
The 10 members for the United-World Organization assembly will elect one Chief-Representative who will be the Head (Secretary General).
||Approximate Numbers of Members in Each Assembly
||Approximate Numbers of Assemblies
||Approximate total Population
||Regional Organization Assembly
||United World Organization Assembly
Benefits of these Assemblies:
- Everyone is actively participating in decision-making
- Small assembly size and shared aim simplifies decision making and ensures effectiveness
- Since each tier is connected to the next, through participation on the local level, one can engage in the entire global governance system
- The most capable and valued members are always elected, thus the higher the tier, the more capable the representatives.
- The possibility of electing corrupt or incapable representatives is minimized
Note: All elected representatives carry out their duties voluntarily or on an honorary basis and their expenses are taken care of by their respective team or family. Thus, approximately 10% of the population (one member from each team) in society are working voluntarily for the greater good of all.
Benefits of this Election Process:
At each of the ten tiers, the election will always take place only among 10 people whom are very familiar with one another. To perform an election among 10 people does not require any financial resources or as much time as it does today. Hence, this electoral system can solve all the difficulties and problems of the current elections, such as waste of resources, excessive spending, misuse of power, corruption, bribery, violence, false campaigning, advertisements, etc.
– Criteria for an Elected Representative
- Is a minimum of 21 years old
- Is living with resolution and prosperity within his/her family
- Is skilled, proficient in behaviour and wise
- Has confidence within
- Is sociable
- Has self-reliance in occupation
- Is living with evidence of conservation and responsible use of all resources
Recognizes ones relationships and lives in harmony with other human beings and with the environment
- Is committed to showing evidence of humane conduct with values, character and ethics in daily living
- Is willing to serve voluntarily or on honorary basis
– Term Length
Every assembly will be elected for a 4-year term. Every 4 years, with the formation of a new assembly, each assembly will elect their Representative and appoint him/her to represent them in the assembly at the next higher tier.
At each assembly, the representatives are elected on the basis of their ability to live with inner resolution and prosperity in their family or team. All the representatives have the capability to ensure self-reliance in their occupation, fulfilling their material requirements within their family or team. Thus, they can provide their service in the assembly as contribution towards the well-being of society and the planet, without needing any salary or honorarium.
Note: Based on the current circumstances, if any organization, whether it be town, village, city, nation, or the UN, would consider to adopt this model, then an appropriate salary can be provided in the interim.